The IPMS/Mid-Carolina Swamp Fox Chapter, in association with the AMPS Central South Carolina “Wildcats”, will be hosting a joint model show on June 23, 2018.
As usual, there will be vendors from all over, selling their wares. There will, of course, be an IPMS-judged contest will a full complement of the normal Classes and Categories. There will also be an AMPS-scored contest for those who build armor, figures, or any other qualifying AMPS subject.
The venue is the National Guard Armory off Bluff Road, just across from Williams-Brice Stadium. The venue is next door to the South Carolina Military Museum, which has a large variety of items on display. Admission to the museum is free, so be sure to stop in and see it, and leave a donation to aid them in their efforts. Here’s a map to help you navigate to the show:
We will have on-site food trucks from The Wolf Pizza Company and Southern Mama’s Catering. All that vendor table shopping is bound to raise a hunger!
Below are links to entry forms and a show flyer. You will need one each Master Entry Form per entrant, and one each Model Entry Form per model entered.
UPDATE, 23 May:
VENDOR TABLES ARE SOLD OUT.
We are now one month away from the Scale Model Mega-Show. We’ve updated the following:
- Added a Vendor List
- Added Vendor Set-Up information
- Added the map to the venue
- Updated the Awards Sponsor list
Awards Sponsorship is still available at $25 per Category (covers 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards) and $35 per Class (Best Aircraft, etc.), If you are interested in sponsoring the show in any way, or if you have any questions, feel free to contact us. We hope to see you at the show!
A special “Thank You” to all our sponsors:
Mr. Jim Sloan
Mr. Brandon Hollis
Mr. Matthew Goodman
Mr. Michael Beatty
Mr. Ralph Nardone
AWARDS SPONSORS–Class and Special Awards
- IPMS/Mid-Carolina Swamp Fox Modelers — Lexington, SC: The Monty Tuck Best of Show Award
- Mr. Ralph Nardone — Pomaria, SC: The “I Want My MTV! / I Love the ’80s” Theme Award
- IPMS/George Preddy — Greensboro, NC: Best Junior
- Mr. Peter Maher — Columbia, SC: Best Aircraft
- Chief Petty Officer John Currie, Royal Navy (Retired) — Lexington, SC: Best Ship
- Fred and Janet Hein: The James Palasz Best Automotive Award
- Mr. Fred Christian — Columbia, SC: Best Space/Sci-Fi
- IPMS/Northern Virginia Modelers (Category 010, Juniors, Aircraft; Category 020, Juniors, Military Vehicles; Category 050, Juniors, Automotive)
- Mr. Fred Christian (Category 080, Juniors, Miscellaneous)
- Eastern Carolina Plastic Modeler’s Society (Category 100-Aircraft, Biplanes)
- IPMS/Charlotte Scale Modelers (Category 107a, Aircraft, Allied, Single Engine)
- Mr. Jim Hamilton (Category 107c, 1/48 Single Engine prop, Axis; Category 117, 1/48 Multi-Engine Prop; Category 127, 1/72 Scale Jet; Category 128a, 1/48 Scale Jet)
- Mr. Tom Wingate (Category 139, 1/32 and larger prop; Category 140, 1/32 and larger jet)
- Mr. Ralph Nardone (Category 190, Aircraft, Out of Box)
- The South Carolina Military Modelers Association (Category 300, Figures, dismounted; Category 305, Figures, mounted)
- IPMS/Winston-Salem (Category 800, Dinosaurs)
Our Food vendors, who will supply sustenance to a bunch of hungry hobbyists:
Dr. Mike’s Glue — Ashland, VA
GT Resin Products — Ladson, SC
HQ72 Resin Products — Sumter, SC
IPMS/Charlotte Scale Modelers — Charlotte, NC
Jane’s Tools — Mesquite, TX
New Brookland RR and Hobby — Columbia, SC
Starfighter Decals — Stephens City, VA
Tiger Productions — McDonald, TN
Midway 66 Models — Surf City, NC
G-Man Collectibles — Burlington, NC
Dave Corvino — Summerville, SC
Paul Cotcher — Atlanta, GA
Bill Garner — Summerville, SC
Horner’s Hobbies — St. Mary’s, OH
Pete Maher — Columbia, SC
David Mills — Atlanta, GA
Josh Orenstein — Charlotte, NC
Hub Plott — Lexington, SC
Vendors, set up times are after 3 PM on Friday, 22 June, or starting at 7 AM on Saturday, 23 June. You must be in the venue by 8:30 AM and set up and ready to sell by 9 AM on Saturday. There is a large roll-up door that may be used to roll carts and such into the venue, it will be closed at 8:30 in preparation for the show start.
Another reminder, we are requesting one item be donated to the raffle from each vendor. Thank you!